Fundraising IdeasPosted: 13 Dec 10 | By: NG Team
Sometimes doing an outreach will take a bit of effort and cost some money, but don’t let lack of finances stop you from reaching out and doing something for someone else. An outreach is something your group does to intentionally share the message of Jesus or display the Christian faith in a clear and concrete way. It can involve handing out Bibles to your class, baking cakes to hand out in the school, or just deciding that each of you will always sit next to someone who sits alone in the cafeteria at lunchtime. Basically, an outreach is what you make it. Here’s six ideas of how you can fundraise money for your outreach:
1. Give money yourself (we know, this one’s kind of obvious :))
2. Ask local churches. Often they’re willing to sponsor things like Bible projects.
3. Simply ask your local supermarket if you can bag customers’ shopping and ask for a donation for your service. It’s simple and a proven way to raise lots of money.
4. Ask everyone in your street if you can wash their car (dressing up can make things more interesting!).
5. Organise a raffle and get parents and friends to donate prizes.
6. Carol singing: this is a great one for Christmas! Go carol singing and ask for donations from everyone you sing to…just try and practice a little first!
For more fundraising ideas, check out NG+.